Report from the 2016 Pollutec Lyon trade show
AXELERA’S GROUP EXHIBIT BOOTH OF OUTSTANDING QUALITY AND IDEALLY LOCATED
AXELERA’s group exhibit booth (Hall 4, booth K 108) was ideally located at the entrance to the trade show near French energy agency ADEME’s and the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes regional government’s booths.
Ten AXELERA members exhibited at our group booth. The exhibiting members—businesses, technology platforms, and educational and training organizations—represented the broad diversity of our network spanning the chemical and environmental sectors.
-Atanor: R&D, design engineering, audit, and consulting for energy, industry, and the environment.
-Bio2E: Environmental engineering firm specializing in the treatment of industrial effluents
-Cogebio: Designs, manufactures, and installs biomass-to-energy (electricity and heat) conversion equipment
-Envisol: Consulting and engineering for site and soil depollution projects
-Ethera: Develops, manufactures, and commercializes testing equipment for chemical air pollution and depollution solutions
-Inevo Technologies: Process engineering
-INSA Lyon: Higher education and research in process engineering, the environment, and materials and polymer chemistry; will present the ME4 Master’s program (in environmental management and energy eco-efficiency)
-Odotech: Odor measurement, odor impact audits and studies, OdoWatch electronic nose
-Provademse: Shared resource center for innovative eco-businesses providing assistance with sustainable waste, -water resource, raw-materials, and energy management in highly-anthropized (industrial and urban) areas
-UV RER: Builds UV-C ultraviolet disinfection and treatment systems for fluids, surfaces, and air
The booth’s prime location gave the ten co-exhibitors excellent exposure at the event. AXELERA also organized a number of activities at the booth (wine and cheese receptions, a press conference, and high-profile visitors), generating substantial additional traffic.
A BROAD RANGE OF ACTIVITIES TO ATTRACT TRAFFIC TO THE BOOTH
AXELERA partnered with the Greater Lyon and Greater Grenoble intermunicipal authorities to host two wine and cheese receptions on Wednesday, November 30 and Thursday, December 1. Both receptions were a hit, bringing in more than 60 attendees each and providing ample opportunity to chat and network. The Thursday reception was held at the AXELERA booth and the adjacent Greater Grenoble intermunicipal authority booth, which were opened up to allow guests to circulate freely between the two areas.
Wednesday, November 30 was also an exciting day, with two major highlights: the Axelera Invest Innovation Tour and the Innovative Cluster Company ceremony held at the Greater Lyon intermunicipal authority booth. Qualifying AXELERA and Tenerrdis member companies were given their seals at the ceremony. Axelera members Ethera, Biomae, Ecobatec, and Afyren received their seals at the event.
AXELERA held a press conference at the booth on Thursday, December 1 attended by nine journalists; exhibiting AXELERA members were given an opportunity to introduce themselves.
Several high-profile visitors made appearances at the AXELERA booth, taking time to meet with the co-exhibitors and AXELERA management and staff.
- Tuesday, November 29: David Kimelfeld, First Vice President of the Greater Lyon intermunicipal authority
- Wednesday, November 30: Nicolas Hulot, President of the Fondation Nicolas Hulot, an environmental nonprofit
- Wednesday, November 30: Roland Crimier, Vice President of the Greater Lyon intermunicipal authority
- Wednesday, November 30: Laurent Wauquiez, President of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Regional Council
- Thursday, December 1: Corinne Lepage, Former Minister of the Environment and President of the Rassemblement Citoyen political party
A DIVERSE PROGRAM OF TALKS POPULAR WITH ATTENDEES
AXELERA organized five talks at Pollutec Lyon. All of the speakers were cluster members; they addressed a wide range of topics that proved popular with trade show attendees:
- Tuesday, November 29: The Guayaquil, Ecuador estuary depollution and rehabilitation project as an international proving ground for Axelera members’ environmental technology know-how and expertise by Jacques Méhu, Provademse
- Wednesday, November 30: Innovative technologies and products for air quality by Frédéric Hammel, Ethera; Jean-Michel Turmel, Odotech; and Isabelle Javierre, Lafarge Holcim
- Thursday, December 1: The Valenthin low-temperature waste-heat-to-energy conversion project by Cyril Dartiguelongue, Axelera; Philippe Buchet, Engie; and Clément Gantiez, Enertime
- Friday, December 2: ID Friches: an innovative, cooperative initiative for faster industrial brownfield rehabilitation in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region by Anne Dubromel, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes regional government
- Friday, December 2: Axel’One Analysis services for the development of innovative industrial analysis solutions by Franck Baco-Antoniali, Axel’One
THE “INNOVATION HUB” BOOTH
This year AXELERA also ran the Innovation Hub booth at the request of France’s Ministry of the Environment, Energy, and Marine Affairs. The booth’s three villages—Ecotech, Space, and Greentech—showcased a total of 42 exhibitors.
Like the AXELERA booth, the Innovation Hub booth benefited from an ideal location in Hall 4 at the entrance to the event just across from the ADEME booth. The Ecotech village was home to eleven ecotech clusters (Axelera, Dream, Hydreos, IAR, Avenia, Eau, Mer Bretagne Atlantique, Mer Mediterranée, Safe Cluster, Team2, and Trimatec) and twelve of the clusters’ innovative member companies (Antelis Avocats, Biocaptech, CERG, C2S Conseil Chimie Service, CT2MC, Digital Drone, Extracthive, Green Cityzen, Ixblue, Microbia Environnement, Orelis Environnement, and Weather Mesures).
- The Space village showcased ten companies (Airbus Defence and Space, Cerema, CNES, ICube-SERTIT, IGN, Météo France, Predict Services, Reuniwatt, Telespazio (EarthLab), and Thales Alenia Space).
- The Greentech village gave the nine winners of the Ministry’s greentech startup competition an opportunity to exhibit (3W Associates, Collectinergy, Ecosec, Environmental Picture, Fidelise, Green Cityzen, Matabase, Scity, and Tayo).
- Space village exhibitors participated in three lectures and a TV talk show on Wednesday, November 30 and Thursday, December 1. The Ecotech village also had its own TV talk show on Thursday, December 1.
Last but not least, the official event inauguration committee made a stop at Innovation Hub booth. The delegation was headed by Christophe Sirugue, The Ministry for the Economy and Finance’s Secretary of State for Industrial Affairs, who was greeted by Axelera Director Jean-Manuel Mas.