Job advert : European Project Manager
Axelera is one of the 71 French “competitiveness cluster” initiated by the French government in September 2004. It is a non-profit organization.
The Axelera cluster fosters the development of innovative, competitiveness-enhancing technologies with the capacity to add value to industrial projects at the crossroads of the chemical, environmental, and energy sectors. Based in Lyon, France, Axelera was founded in 2005 by Arkema, the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), Engie, Solvay, and Suez. The cluster leverages a strong foothold in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region – a major European center for industry – to roll out an ambitious international development strategy.
Axelera has built up and coordinates a network of chemical- and environmental-sector players spanning business, research, and higher education to orchestrate R&D projects across five strategic pillars: renewable raw materials; eco-efficient factories; chemicals and materials for manufacturing industries; recycling and recyclability; and the preservation and restoration of natural and urban areas.
Axelera is located in Solaize (near Lyon) in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, which is the second most important region in France from an economic point of view and the 7th in Europe. It is also the first chemical production centre in France.
- 337 members, of which 3/4 enterprises
- 286 certified R&D programmes, with global financing of €800 million
- 2 collaborative innovation platforms
- 400 people working on R&D programmes
Axelera has successfully obtained a funding for as a partner of a European Project called GREENCAP. GREENCAP is financed by Interreg Mediterranean programme of the European Commission. This project consists of capitalisation & communication of the results of 7 projects called “modular projects” in the area of renewable energies. The European Project Manager will ensure the progress of the tasks involving Axelera in close collaboration with other European project partners during the 3 years duration of the project.
- Systematising and mainstreaming knowledge obtained by modular projects
- Transferring knowledge, know-how, expertise, systems and processes by:
- Organising capitalization events
- Gathering contents to transform into training material
- Creation of final videos
- Creating synergies and cooperation mechanisms between different modular projects
- National & EU lobbying
- Creation of policy making papers
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Master degree or equivalent in communication or project management
- Experience (2 years minimum) in the management, administration and running of a project
- Excellent analytical, writing and organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Fluency in English, both oral and written, is mandatory
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills and a flexible and dynamic attitude
- Strong quantitative skills and experience of accurately managing European projects
- Demonstrated experience of independently organizing high profile events and meetings
- High level of autonomy and achievement drive
- Willingness to travel (<10%)
- A 36 month full-time contract, renewable if a new EU projects are successfully funded
- Salary: 30,000 to 34,000€ depending on experience and qualifications
- Insurance benefits (Mutuelle)
- Being part of a very dynamic team
- Developing a network of industrial and innovation actors in France and beyond
- Learning from a team of experience project engineers
Starting date: as soon as possible
Location: Solaize, France